Burgiss Manager Universe: Important Enhancements and Update through Q3 2016
Hoboken, NJ, December 18, 2016 – 2016 was an important year for the Burgiss Manager Universe. And while this message is paired with the scheduled quarterly reconstitution and update of the data through Q3 2016, we are particularly excited to announce these additional milestones and enhancements:
- The Burgiss Manager Universe now covers more than 7,000 private capital funds representing $5 trillion in capitalization. In just over 5 years, coverage has grown by more than 600%.
- The new and more robust Asset Class taxonomy, introduced earlier this year via a client consultation, has now been implemented in the Burgiss Manager Universe, with every fund reclassified according to the standards introduced as part of the newly established Burgiss Private Capital Classification System. Please follow this link for more information on the Asset Class taxonomy changes.
- The new Real Estate sector in GICS is now reflected in our GICS-based Industry Focus taxonomy. This change allows for the separation of Real Estate sector-focused funds from the Financials sector, where they were previously being included. Please follow this link for more information on the GICS changes.
- The infrastructure and technology supporting the Burgiss Manager Universe construction and reconstitution process have undergone extensive improvements, including major enhancements to our data processing technologies, such as cross-verification algorithms that maximize accuracy. These improvements further institutionalize all aspects of the management of the Burgiss Manager Universe.
This work is the culmination of significant continued investment into our people, process and technology designed to solidify the Burgiss Manager Universe as the leading private capital dataset. We know our work is never complete, and we look forward to continuing our long-term commitment of providing you with institutional quality data and analytics.
Burgiss Manager Universe Composition as of the Q3 2016 Data Update
About Burgiss Manager Universe
The Burgiss Manager Universe is a research-quality database that includes the complete transactional history for over 7,000 private capital funds. It is representative of actual investor experience because the data is sourced exclusively from limited partners, which eliminates the natural biases introduced by sourcing data from general partners.
The Burgiss Manager Universe is an essential resource for private capital investors. It powers:
- Private iQ, our investment decision support and benchmarking tool;
- Burgiss Peer Groups, available in Private i and third-party platforms;
- Sophisticated analyses like Monte Carlo simulations; and
- Research by leading academics.
Burgiss is a global provider of investment decision support tools for the private capital market. Founded in 1987, Burgiss is a multidisciplinary team of 150 professionals steeped in the world of private capital. Today our tools support over a thousand clients representing over $2 trillion of committed capital.