ASSOCIATE, INDEX RESEARCH (PRIVATE EQUITY)
As an Index Research Associate at Burgiss, you will be predominantly focused on the development of benchmarking and index products. Working closely with Product Management you’ll be responsible for manipulating and analyzing large data sets and developing new products through methodology research, application and back-testing. You’ll be expected to lead various operational aspects of data and analytics products including the creation of index or other methodologies, data management, technical documents and marketing materials. This unique role offers the opportunity to be part of a pioneer effort in the field of benchmarking and private capital market indexes.
- Research and develop private capital index calculation methodologies
- Assist with research and development of other Data & Analytics products such as performance attribution, risk management or cash flow models
- Verify data, models, methodologies and various calculations
- Conduct market consultations to validate new products and methodologies
- Provide Sales and Client Service support in situations requiring product expertise
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the private capital markets, including performance measurement, benchmarking, methodologies and key players
- Participate in ad-hoc projects of strategic importance to the firm
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative financial role, preferably in an index methodology/calculation related function
- Master’s degree from a leading institution with a strong GPA
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Excellent technical skills and ability/interest to learn new technologies
- Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior exposure to VBA, SQL, R, MATLAB, etc.
- Highly motivated quick learner and able to work independently
- Track record of academic excellence and personal achievement
- Analytical experience working for index providers such as MSCI, S&P, Russell, or similar
- CAIA and/or CFA charter holder
- Private equity knowledge
- Coursework in financial mathematics, statistics, engineering, or other quantitative disciplines
Burgiss is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (if the individual is 18 years of age or older), veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.